April 29, 2016

History of AAC

Burnet's Historical Square

                           Early Views of the East Side of the Square, the Current Home of Attorney’s Abstract Company

 

Alvin Nored was born and raised in Ft Worth, Texas. He obtained his first degree in Farm and Ranch Management from Texas Tech in 1954. Alvin worked on his family’s ranch for sixteen years before deciding to study law at St. Mary’s School of Law in San Antonio. Out of 118 students, Alvin ranked third in his class and became a proud member of the Phi Delta Phi society. Following law school, Alvin began to practice Real Estate Law  in Lampasas.

In handling real estate transactions for Burnet County, Alvin discovered the need for a more efficient, faster service locally. Together with Camm Lary and Eugene Russell, Attorneys Abstract was formed. The company was originally housed in, what is now, the Burnet County Courthouse Annex building. In 1975, Attorney’s Abstract moved into it’s permanent home at the corner of Washington and Pierce on Burnet’s Historical Downtown Square.

Cody Henson graduated Cum Laude from the New England School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts. Prior to attending law school, Cody obtained his Bachelors of Business Administration from Texas Tech University and later obtained his Masters of Business Administration. He is a licensed Texas Attorney who began his career as a prosecutor in Houston. In 2009 Cody returned to his hometown of Georgetown, Texas where he was a felony prosecutor in the Williamson County District Attorney’s Office. As a prosecutor, he  tried numerous misdemeanor and felony jury trials and prosecuted hundreds of other criminal offenses. In 2011, following Camm Lary’s retirement, Cody became a partner of Attorney’s Abstract Company.